Friday, May 2, 2008

Birthday Par-Tea {Day 2}

A sweet friend once told me there is always something special about your oldest (http://storheimstory.blogspot.com/): your first baby, your first 2 YEAR OLD, your first Sunbeam, the first to go to School, etc. Not that they are your "favorite" but that everything with them is new.
I think she's right! Thankfully, our oldest has been such a joy! She's sweet, thoughtful, kind, witty, well mannered, bright & surprisingly obedient. She has made Kelly and I realize how fleeting this time of having young children is. I think we treasure our younger children more as we continually experience how quickly time flies with Elizabeth; yet can't help but be excited to see her grow-up and do new things.

And yet she still remains a fun "little" girl who enjoys being pampered and knows all about the fancier things in life like holding out your pinky when sipping,


Fancy Tea Treats & Fablous Hats!




So, no Snow White Dress this time, but, a tea party none the less! Lizzy wanted her shot at a birthday Tea after observing Rosie's success. I was more than happy to oblige. So happy in fact, that I most certainly am going to repeat what you see above tomorrow! There will be a Class Birthday combined Tea Party with her good friend Eden, who's birthday is May 3rd.

Elizabeth didn't want her other friends who aren't in her class to feel left out. What was a Mom to do? Well, with the help of my wonderful Mother, husband, Mother-in-law and friends, we are having two birthday tea parties. Luckily, the next one is at Eden's house (more pictures to come)!

As for Day 2: I enjoyed decorating my house, dressing up in my favorite "par-tea dress" and spending time with Lizzy on her special day!

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

Too cute! Love the pom poms. And the tablecloths. And the food. And the apron. The list goes on...

Connie said...

AND the fans were amazing--we thought ours was lost a couple of times and there was no shortage of tears until it was found. Ashlyn had a FABULOUS time--thank you!!

ashli said...

you look great! yeah! for you! once again you seemed to have outdone yourself in the party dept. you are great!
call for hair.....i am kind of working....kind of. ;) would love to celebrate 30!